Monday 16 January 2012

Gallbladder Out!!

This time last week I had been in a hospital bed for 2 hours after being told by the emergency doctor who arranged the appointment at the Walk-In Centre they would do what they could to keep me out of hospital.  Now I feel far better than I did last Sunday, and far better in my noodle.  Related? Maybe, the stress of not knowing when the gall bladder problems would strike was starting to drag me down, I hadn't realised how bad it had got until this. Anyway, I need to back up to June to put this into some kind of order.

In June I suffered my first pang of pain, I put this down to my efforts at the physio the day before, it eventually went and at this time I was off work.  The bursts would come and go and I told no-one about them as I didn't think much of them as they didn't seem important.  Then I ended up in A&E one morning and was preliminary diagnosed with gallstones, went back to my GP who wanted clarification so organised an Ultra Sound.  I kept getting the pains randomly and without any kind of trigger.  One Monday or Tuesday morning in work I felt absolutely wretched, so I went to the walk-in centre who identified that I also had a UTI, and I had an ultra sound which confirmed them. However,  at this point someone messed up and a referral was never done to the consultant.  The pains kept coming I tried cutting things out to no avail.

In December I saw a private consultant who offered to take it out of me for 6 grand, but I couldn't justify this being paid and also I had in consideration that I desperately wanted to make my friend's wedding as well.  Things seemed to settle down, and I started to seriously consider a liver flush which my girlfriend had herself done, I had never been dubious but wanted to see how it affected her.  I had also been without a laptop myself to do any serious reading up on this.  However, after seeing Occupational Health they helped me and we found out that it was seriously recommended that doing a liver flush whilst having stones was very unwise so this ruled this out.  This was only a week last Wednesday, the 5th January.  I went back to my GP who said I could ask to be put on the waiting list for NHS Surgery so I did this on the Friday afternoon.  The Friday evening I had a lovely evening with my girlfriend, Saturday I felt great and then Sunday struck. 



Sunday, ah Sunday, I woke up in agony and it was such a horrible fucking day, so fast forward to ending up in Hospital.  They said they would look to get rid of the infection and I would be on my way, Monday evening I was very poorly, and then again Tuesday, they came to see me on Tuesday evening and said they would put me on the emergency list for surgery. This happened on Wednesday morning and I have been recovering since, and doing well.

All I know is something feels different, something which I cannot put my finger on but it is not a negative feeling in the slightest.  Things which were in me have left, that is both literal and metaphorical.

I would also like to say thank you to everyone who has supported me.

(Sidenote :- I am sorry for anyone I may have acted a dick to or been harsh with after receiving 2 get well soon cards but I was frustrated and don't hold grudges) 

No comments:

Post a Comment